A press release has landed at Vintage Towers announcing the release of a new suite of “Old School” rules today.
Please see below:
The Society of Soggy Bottomed Wargamers are pleased to announce the release of a new set of generic rules and the first two period related supplements to enable you to refight the little know Cake Wars of the late nineteenth century and earlier.
The generic rules set, Baking Powder, have been written by JB Priestly.
The first two supplements are now available:
- Victorian Sponge, for the second the battles of d half of the 1800s, covering the golden age of baking and the Swiss role in them; scenarios include Pavlova and Baklava
- The World Turned Upside Down Cake, for the 17th Century (ECW – English Cake Wars)
Watch out for the forthcoming AWI (Awesome White Icing) variant by Eclairer, and the Medieval and Dark Ages supplements Simnel and Scandi Toskvig Godwinson.
Other periods in the pipeline for supplements include the ACW (American Cake Wars) and RCW (Russian Cake Wars).
We are pleased also to announce a new associated range of 6mm figures by Mary berry od Bakeus Miniatures, but the rules will of course also work with 10mm, 15mm, 20mm and 28mm. Add a little Hollywood to your Wargaming.
The rules feature:
- Special rules including for Baker rifle armed units; the rolling pinning of opponents; and individual acts of heroism contributing to the brownie points required for victory
- Different troop types
- Morale classes – raw, half baked, professional, overcooked
- Generals – fruit cake, fat rascal,
- Limited supply – when they’re scone they’re scone
Should be a cake walk.