Friday 2 September 2011

L'Attaque


Thanks to Billy for sending me this picture of some of the 112 similar figures he has, asking for identification. They are cardboard with metal stands.

A vague memory and a minute on Google (other search engines are available) confirmed they are the rather stylish playing pieces from the military board game L'Attaque, which also formed the basis for the later Stratego. See Boardgame Geek for L'Attaque, and Wikipedia for Stratego.

I never had the game L'Attaque but I did have Dover Patrol, a sort of naval equivalent. I also remember there being a combined arms game called Tri-Tactics, and apparently there was another called Aviation (which I never came across).

BIlly is open to offers for his 112 game pieces. If any one is interested, e-mail me using the Contact Vintage Wargaming link in the right hand column, and I will forward this on.

4 comments:

DeanM said...

Cool card soldiers - I'm sure some collector (or museum) would be very interested in those. Best, Dean

AlFront said...

You're all going to hate me for this, but I have a large number of these chaps in good condition - an ebay steal for £2.50 a few years ago! But, having said that, I have no board or rules...

Paul´s Bods said...

Wow!!! The last time I saw any of those was in a museum!!
Cheers
paul

Conrad Kinch said...

Very dapper chaps!