Sunday 12 November 2017

Bellona Manuals of Military Field Works of the 18th & 19th Centuries and of the 20th Century






I posted about Bill Holmes here back in 2010. You may remember the Deltorama adverts from Wargamer's Newsletter, or his Journal (pre-blogs) which was featured in Don Featherstone's Solo Wargaming.

I have had the first of these two booklets for some time but just bought the second from eBay, so I thought they were worth a post. His drawing style was very distinctive and I thought they also deserved a post as an example of Bellona publications. If you want to see three examples of 19th Century military bridging or three types of 20th Century latrines these are the books for you. Cost on publication was 5/-.

5 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Remember getting these back in the early 70s , long since gone sadly .

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Still got my copy of the 18th/19thC one.

Fire at Will said...

Like Ross I still have my C18/19 one, a treasured possesion

Conrad Kinch said...

Those are charming.

Jon Meech said...

Brings back memories